The meeting was quite productive. Joanne McCarty and B.J. Helander were voted in as Lifetime Members and were presented with plaques to thank then for their many years of dedicated service to CAS. An announcement was made that a donation to HCH Library was made in memory of Barbara Doerr and Cora Howard, two longtime members who recently passed away.
After much discussion, the By-Law revisions were passed.
Here is a summary of the revisions:
- There will ben Executive Board with a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer instead of the Steering Committee
- A quorum at the Annual Meeting will be 10 instead of 3
- The duties of the officers were defined
- The number of committees were expanded
- Honorary and Lifetime members will still have to be juried in the Summer Sjow, even though fee is waived
- Elected Artist membership will now be unlimited instead of capped at 70
- An Associate member will be notified of their Elected status in January after they have been accepted into 3 juried shows in a 5 year period
- A new Elected Members only exhibit has been added in May/June for paid Elected members
- The automatic entry for Honorary, Lifetime, and Elected members has been eliminated
- All persons entering the Summer Juried exhibition will be juried
- The fiscal year will be from January 1 to December 31
- Membership dues and status letters will be sent out in January
- Dues must be paid to enter the Members or Elected Members Show